Thursday, September 22, 2011

Paper Angels


A team of ladies in our church are walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day walk starting tomorrow. I'm going into DC tomorrow to cheer them on and wanted to give them something to let them know that we are with them while they walk. So I thought these little paper angels might help!

They were simple to make - I actually got to work half an hour early today and did it while I waited for our staff meeting to start. =P

To begin with, I cut a piece of paper into a quarter circle with a radius of about 2 inches. Curl the paper into a cone and tape it together. (Or glue if you have patience, which I do not.) Then I twisted the top of the cone (the pointed part) and stuck a wooden bead on it with some Tacky Glue. To make the wings, cut out a heart and glue it on to the back of the cone. I had pink pipe cleaners on hand so I made halos and stuck them in with a bit of glue. I drew on the faces with permanent markers and then when the glue had dried on the wings, I glued a pin back on.

I am very proud of these ladies and all they are doing. I am especially proud of Amanda, who is a Junior in high school and walking with her mom, a breast cancer survivor and the woman who put the team together. Hopefully the weather clears up and they have a great three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment