Monday, September 3, 2012

GF Brownie Bites

One of the things that makes me the saddest about being GF is the lack of yummy cakes, cookies, and brownies I can have.  I miss having a good, chewy, delicious double chocolate brownie.  NOM.

Luckily, a friend of mine posted this pin on her website and I tried it out that evening.  It. was. DELICIOUS.  It almost makes being GF ok.



Almost.


Anyway, here's the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 cup peanut butter (fun fact: I ran out of regular PB when making this, so I used about 1/2 cup regular and 1/2 cup dark chocolate PB from Wegman's. I'm not sure if that affected the consistency of the dough or not, but it sure was delicious)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used more like 1 cup and I think it was a bit too much.  There wasn't enough dough to really incorporate the chocolate chips into!)
Directions:
  •  Mix everything except the chocolate chips into a bowl and stir by hand.  (I found the dough to be pretty crumbly and not what you expect with cookie dough.  Just a heads up!)
  • Once all of those are mixed together, add in the chocolate chips.
  • Put the mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes, then form into 1 inch balls.  Since I had so many chocolate chips, I kind of had to mold it into balls and then pick up the chips by hand and press them into the dough.  Also, the dough was reallllllllly crumbly, so this part got a little messy.
  • Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  (It's hard to tell if they are done, since they're chocolate.)
  • Eat a million of them all at once because OMG THEY ARE SO GOOD. 
Seriously.  They are SO. GOOD.  We had a friend over and we were talking about how I was GF and he made some comment about how all GF food is gross, barf, etc.  Then we served him these cookies and he said they were some of the best he's ever had.  So.  Go make these.  NOW.  

No comments:

Post a Comment