Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween Banner Scraps

When I finished making the Halloween Banner, I had a bunch of scraps leftover that had already been cut. I put one of each design on a short piece of ribbon and tied it to the chandelier over our stairway.

Then I got this fun idea to make little rings of fabric to put on each newel post on our stairs. This was pretty simple - I tore off a magazine cover (Rachael Ray, if you're wondering) and used duct tape to tape it into a ring. Then I put the fabric on in the same way I made the banner, only I made sure they were right next to each other so you couldn't see any of the magazine page.


After I made one to see how it would turn out, I counted the actual number of newel posts in our house and decided that one was enough. I just did not have the patience to make thirteen, plus the downstairs railings are covered with spider garlands anyway! =) Maybe I'll make one a year and in a few years, have enough.


You could also make these to hang on door handles to make all of your doors a little more festive!


Our house is almost done being decked out for Halloween! I can't wait to see all the little boos and ghouls who come in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment