Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Wreath


I have been looking for a Halloween wreath for several years now and never really found one I liked. I've seen a ton of super cute wreaths on Pintrest, but none of them looked 1) easy or 2) waterproof. So I decided to just make one myself.

I was at AC Moore the other day and all of their Halloween stuff was half off, so I bought two Halloween garlands, a wire wreath frame, glitter glue and the letters B-O-O for about $10 total.


To start with, wrap the garlands around the wire form. I was going to see if I could get away with only one garland, but I didn't like how full - or NOT full, rather - it was, so I went back and used both of them. I guess I probably could have (should have?) glued it on to the frame, but it seemed to stay just fine. I think it helped that the garland was wired.


Once that was done, it was on to the letters. I liked the purple glitter with the orange and black, but I think green would look good, too. I coated the front, back, and sides of the letters to make sure that it would be weather-proof. (We'll see how it is at the end of October!)


Once the letters were dry, I tried to figure out what layout I liked better - straight across or following the curve of the wreath. (Is there a fancy word for "following the curve"? I swear there is...)


I liked the curved look better, so once I figured that out I glue gunned the letters onto the wreath. I love how cute it looks!! And I'm hopefully it will turn out weatherproof. It's supposed to be rainy this fall, so it seems like we'll definitely have a chance to find out! Tomorrow I'll tell you about my new flowerpot. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment