Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mumsy!


Before we left on our honeymoon, we had a whole collection of potted flowers on our front step. My parents took them to their house to take care of them while we were gone for three weeks and my mom decided she liked them so much that I wasn't getting them back.

So I decided that I needed new potted plants for the fall and while I was at it, I wanted to make some super cute pots for them. I think it would be fun to paint another one orange and make a jack-o-lantern face and another one green for a Frankenstein face.

Anyway, this one is a mummy and it pretty easy to make.

Supplies:
-one flower pot in whatever size you need
-white duct tape
-black foam
-purple glitter glue (I had this leftover from the Boo wreath)


To make the pot, just tear off strips of duct tape and layer them on and around the pot. I found that working with shorter strips (maybe about 8 inches) worked the easiest. Since the pot is not a straight cylinder, the duct tape strips won't go flat or straight, so you have to layer pretty well. When the pot is covered with the tape, cut out your black foam eyes. I simply attached them by putting a piece of duct tape at the top and bottom. Once the foam was attached, I added the "eyeballs" with purple glitter glue.

Because I love a pun, I bought a mum to put in my flower pot, which means I am now calling it...a MUMSY!!!

Isn't it super cute???

No comments:

Post a Comment